I leave for Jerusalem on September 1, and I really do wish it was that day! Everyone keeps asking if I am ready/nervous/scared...ect. I have decided that I just wish I were there. So to answer all the frequently asked questions:
Am I ready? No. I have not even begun to think of how I am going to fit my ENTIRE life into a fifty pound bag and a carry on. I do not even have all the items on the list of things that are recommended!
Am I nervous? No...well, maybe. But only a little about being in a completely new place, and not knowing anyone. I do not like the thought of having to learn the ropes of a new city (a new country even), but I will just have to manage, won't I?
Am I scared? Not one bit! People say you have to be so scared going to the middle east, but really think about it would BYU allow us to study there if it was not safe.
Excited. That is the only emotion I have today, I just want to get there. I am excited to travel, to learn more about Christs life, to be in school again, to have a schedule, to meet new people with different ideas than me. I cannot wait to learn all about the culture and talk with people in the cities. It is going to be such and adventure, so for the time being I am just excited.
Am I ready? No. I have not even begun to think of how I am going to fit my ENTIRE life into a fifty pound bag and a carry on. I do not even have all the items on the list of things that are recommended!
Am I nervous? No...well, maybe. But only a little about being in a completely new place, and not knowing anyone. I do not like the thought of having to learn the ropes of a new city (a new country even), but I will just have to manage, won't I?
Am I scared? Not one bit! People say you have to be so scared going to the middle east, but really think about it would BYU allow us to study there if it was not safe.
Excited. That is the only emotion I have today, I just want to get there. I am excited to travel, to learn more about Christs life, to be in school again, to have a schedule, to meet new people with different ideas than me. I cannot wait to learn all about the culture and talk with people in the cities. It is going to be such and adventure, so for the time being I am just excited.
